Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Giving respect is based on AGE or STATUS ??

From the topic itself you can suggest what I am going to discuss here.Very frequently this question is coming up to my mind .

I am not a story teller so dont worry I will not start with the sentence of One fine morning :p. I am living in a IT city. Like others I also came here for my job. Usually people will come here with a lot of dreams and passion. I came here just because of my fate. My impressions on this city is very hot , people are not good here, and you cant survive here for a long time.

I started to hate this city on my first day itself. I stepped down at this city A at 5 am. Luckily I have relatives here and they came to pick up me. I have to change two bus to reach my office from my relative place. I got into share auto to get down at bus stop. I was really shocked to see that share auto. Its just an auto which has the capacity of 4 people. But its carrying 8 people.3 girls were already sitting inside an auto including me. One old man OM1, actually he looks little descent. From his appearance you can judge him that he is not poor but he is respectable. He came to our auto where we were sitting and wanted to get in. Suddenly one girl who was sitting inside told him to go and sit nearer to the driver . He had no other option and he sat on that place which was nearer to driver. Next stop came. Another old man OM2 came with professional look. The girl one who rejected OM1 now allows OM2 to sit next to her. I was wondering that both of OM1 and OM2 are more or less in same age. May be the status are different. But giving respect is based on age isn’t ? . The way she looks OM1 and OM2 was totally different.

I got down from an auto, got down from bus1 and I got into bus 2.One old lady got into bus2 with fruits basket. From her appearance we can judge her that she is a fruit selling woman. Yeah, she waas not good loooking. she wore very poor quality sarree.She looked very innnocent. On the way to my office I suppose to cross one toll gate. Next to toll gate there was a bus stop. That old lady is waiting for the bus stop to get down which is next to toll gate. Toll gate came and driver was getting ticket in the lane from the passengers. Conductor started shouting at that old lady to get down there in the lane itself. She was not understanding anything. She told that no, no I have to get down at stop. Conductor started yelling at her that this bus wouldn't stop there. Due to conductor the old lady got down there itself with the basket. Bus moved and next bus came in to that lane. She suffered a lot to move out from that lane.But actually bus stopped there in the next stop. What is the reason for this? . Is it necessary to yell at her in this situation. Conductor should have to give respect to that old lady isn’t ? . If that old lady is there with descent look, if she wore good dress , then what would be the conductor response at this situation ? I am damn sure conductor might have given respect. So , now-a-days giving respect is based on status not an age. Is it good for our future generation ? Seriously our society is in bad shape.

This is all my perception. There are some good people here in the same city. I don't blame them. It is for the people who are doing like this.


1 comment:

  1. I have learnt that population density of place directly correlates to general human interaction indices of a place. More crowded the place is the competition to survive is higher and also people need to travel greater distances and do more things in less time, so they are generally tuned to getting on with their life!
    In 91, when first landed in Coimbatore it was very sleep little small town surrounded by cluster of developed villages, people were very friendly and respectful. It took me good 3 months to adjust to that but I am not sure if I would say Coimbatore is same. It has changed but it may never transform into Chennai (wrt people treating others)

    ReplyDelete